What to look for when booking your teeth whitening:
1) Most important is to make sure the person doing the teeth whitening is a dental professional. Dental professionals can order dental grade products that work.
2) Find out the cost. Some dental clinics are charging $500 + to get a teeth whitening. You do not need to pay this much to receive a great treatment with great results. On the other hand, be careful of those that are charging too little, there will be a reason for that. You should expect to pay about $149-$300 depending on the length of treatment.
3) Ensure they are using either a hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide based whitening gel that is at least 25% in strength.
4) The length of the treatment. Do not book anything less than 30 mins for your first teeth whitening because you will not get the results you want.
5) Get a whitening with an LED light as apposed to a laser. Lasers produce heat and can cause a lot of sensitivity!
HAPPY WHITENING 🙂
Emma Johnson is the owner of Pearl Boutique, a clinic that specializes in teeth whitening. She is a registered dental hygienist and completed her diploma at Camosun College, which offers one of the best recognized dental hygiene programs in Canada. Emma also holds a health science degree in kinesiology from the University of the Fraser Valley.