With Halloween fast approaching I thought it would be a good idea to share some tips on how to look after your teeth or your children’s teeth during all that treat eating!
- Opt for less sticky candies, the stickier the candy the longer it sits on the teeth and the more damage it can cause (ex. toffee, caramels)
- Choose candies that are not sour, these make your teeth softer than other candies (ex. sour keys)
- Don’t snack or let your children snack on the candies all day, it is better if they eat a few candies in one sitting, then the teeth soften for a much shorter period of time
- Rinse with water after snacking on candies
- Eat something like cheese or milk after eating candy to re-harden the teeth more quickly
- Wait 20 mins after eating candy to brush you or your children’s teeth, the teeth will be softer for about 20 mins after candy exposure and the toothbrush can wear the teeth a little during this time
- Finally, everything in moderation, and have fun this Halloween ! 🙂